Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Day of My Death


Each morning when I open my eyes,
I would think to myself and say.
I, not events have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be, because I live my life with much sway.
Since yesterday is dead, and tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet.
I can truly say,
I lived a long time, here on this land
With its beauty and despair that go hand in hand.
I learned a lot, while I watched the hourglass tip its sand.
The highest wisdom that I shall own, freedom and life are earned by those alone.
I can laugh and say I still haven’t grown.
Even if it is a time to moan,
I can look towards the sky as the raindrops mix with the tears I cry.
Tears of joy I may imply.
As James Thurber once said,
“All men should strive to learn before they die, what they are running from, to and why”
There were times when I did not pray
And I simply said, “I could not stay”.
Now God has brought me to his garden to play.
So, the end is near.
I take my final bow, and face my final curtain.
To my family and friends,
I’ll state my case of which I am certain.
I will only say this once, so listen up I’ll surely be clear.
I lived a life that was completely full; I’ve travelled each and every highway,
And more, much more than this,

I did it MY WAY… 

No comments:

Post a Comment